Dear BALit Members,
We are confirmed for our Annual Retreat as follows:
LOCATION: Solano County Events Center
DATE: Friday, June 2, 2017 (please mark your calendars)
TIME: 10 – 3 pm (refreshments will be provided for breakfast and lunch)
Thanks to all team members who provided additional topics, information, and resources, the Executive Committee had a robust discussion which led to the selection of Workforce Development and The Marginal Learner as our topics for the retreat. In the next few weeks we will be working to schedule presenters and sort out more details.
During our April 11 meeting we will further discuss our June convening.
Again, we thank you for your support and participation!
Karla M. Bourdon
South San Francisco Public Library
BALIT's annual member retreat will be held at the Berkeley Central Library on Tuesday, July 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The mornng session will include an inspirational presentation by Nicole Shapiro entitled "Negotiating for Your Life in Times of Change".
- Following a complimentary lunch, we will have two afternoon workshops on the topics of grant writing and a topic to be chosen by our tutor-learner coordinators group.
Our next BALit meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 20 from 10:00 to 1:00.
Here are the important details:
- LOCATION: Alameda County Library Write to Read office, 2450 Stevenson Blvd. Fremont, CA (Thank you to our host Luis Kong)
- AGENDA: 10:00 – 11:00 – a tour of the Write to Read program, 11:00 – a conference call from Carla Lehn at the State Library, 11:20 – 1:00 pm – BALit meeting
- LUNCH will be provided!
- Please RSVP by September 5 so we can make plans for lunch.
In preparation for the meeting, please be ready to talk about one example of what your program is doing in each of the areas below. You might also mention how you measure change in that area of your program.
- Tutor Recruitment and Support
- Student Recruitment and Support
- Community Relations and Public Awareness
- Resource Development and Financial Well-being
- Library Integration
- Organization and Staff development
See you on September 10th!